Sunday, March 21, 2010

Dialectics: Tab and Males

Well, first I should probably explain to you what Tab is. Tab is a soda pop drink. It is almost like Coca-Cola, but it tastes worse. It's in a pink can and it supposedly was the "female" drink. My mother is also the only reason it is still around; she literally drinks 7 cans a day.

With what I said before, Tab is the "female" drink. It was made by Coca-Cola and it was actually meant for those who wanted to keep "tabs" on their weight. So yes, this is the perfect female drink! No calories and it was PINK! It is the "beautiful drink for beautiful people". But what does this have to do with the other gender? The people that probably wouldn't drink something from a pink can to save their life?

Other than the fact that men probably created this drink, nothing. Tab is not for men, plus my mom has it all, so they couldn't try it if they wanted to. Most men won't drink diet coke...they'll be men and drink all the real Coca-cola. Most men have gotten over the "real men wear pink" phase, and most men don't know what it is. But the fact that this drink has nothing to do with men, has everything to do with men.

For light years now, men have had millions of things that have nothing to do with women. Power drinks, the protein powder stuff, race car driving, football and tuxedos. I, myself, am totally ok with that. Every person needs something of their own. If everyone shared, the world would go mad. When you have something that someone else doesn't, you can start a discussion, have bets, and more. I'm not trying to be anti-feminist, but if men started playing tea party because they wanted something that only we had, I'd probably question what they had to eat for breakfast...so why must women always try to have everything men have? Having things seperate from one another may actually benifit us. I could have my own things, and I could also try to learn about something new later on.

Tab is like football...you just let it stay where it's at. Tab is like males...they have their own things, too. I, in particular, just don't want Tab for the female thing. It really does taste really bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

EMAIL ME!